Setting up orchard in IIS

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard
Jul 28, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Edited Jul 28, 2015 at 3:31 PM
I was working in my orchard project and i have few doubts. I created a new module and everything working fine for me. now its time to deploy it into test server. I am bit confused. As per the below instruction i build the application and got the files in precompiled folder.
But i couldnt see a start page. How to setup a startup page? how orchard is automatically redirecting to the setup page. I moved all my data from local database to test server database and i want to use that database. Can we avoid the initial setup in testnet server and use the same setup in local database backup?

Also my deployment team asked me which is your startup page? what should i reply?
Seems silly questions. Please help
Jul 28, 2015 at 5:17 PM
Because you built the solution, the result doesn't contain any "registration" for a website, which is called Settings.txt and is under App_Data/Sites/Default.
If you have already setup a site with a database, just go to the folder you used, and copy this file in your deployment. Restart IIS and Orchard won't show you the Setup page but load the database content.