Managing Versions for Widgets and Media in Orchard Dash Board

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules
Jul 22, 2015 at 4:37 PM
Hi,

I have a requirement to manage the versions for Widget,Contents and for Media files. I got a module in the Gallery "Version manager 0.9.3" which will work fine for Contents i.e for a content type "page". Similarly i need a module for Widgets and for media files. Do you any body worked on the version management for widgets or can any body please suggest which library i can use in orchard to maintain the versions for widgets.

Thanks in Advance,
Sunil M.R.
Jul 24, 2015 at 9:09 AM
Looking at the code of the module, it searches for every content item that has unpublished versions. That means that it already should work out of the box for also widgets and media files.

It might be that you only need to enable the 'draftable = true' on the Widget and Media content types.
Jul 24, 2015 at 3:42 PM
Hi Sanderg,

I Checked in my dash board for the widgets and Media the draftable check box is checked there, but there was a column called "hasdraft" in Contentversion table there I made this as true. And also I removed the stereo type 'Widget' and media in dash board contentTypes for Html widgets now iam getting the Version numbers for Widgets and also for media. Thanks for your valuable suggestion and please suggest me that where can I make that draftable = true as per your previous conversation.

Regards,
Sunil M.R.
Aug 6, 2015 at 10:08 AM
Hi,

Can anybody Suggest to manage Versions for Widgets or Please Suggest me how can i use the Version Manager for Managing the versions for widgets.

Regards,
Sunil M.R.