Layout Editor not showing Toolbox

Topics: General
Jul 9, 2015 at 7:06 PM
While upgrading a website to 1.9.1, I added a Layout part to a content type in my dev environment, and all was fine.

Then, when doing the same operation in the staging environment (running on a Azure Website, err.. Web App) I'm not seeing the Layout toolbar when going to edit a content item on staging.

The specific error that I see coming back with the HTTP 500 server error when /Admin/Layouts/Template/Get/Toolbox is called is as follows:
Shape type LayoutEditor_Template_Toolbox not found

Orchard.OrchardException: Shape type LayoutEditor_Template_Toolbox not found at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.Execute(DisplayContext context) in z:\Builds\work\9f6cd39ff0f68f41\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:line 102 at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DisplayHelper.ShapeExecute(Object shape) in z:\Builds\work\9f6cd39ff0f68f41\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DisplayHelper.cs:line 86 at Orchard.DisplayManagement.ShapeDisplay.Display(Object shape) in z:\Builds\work\9f6cd39ff0f68f41\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\ShapeDisplay.cs:line 33 at Orchard.Layouts.Controllers.TemplateController.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Get>b__0(AcquireContext`1 context) at Orchard.Caching.Cache`2.CreateEntry(TKey k, Func`2 acquire) in z:\Builds\work\9f6cd39ff0f68f41\src\Orchard\Caching\Cache.cs:line 57 at Orchard.Caching.Cache`2.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Get>b__0(TKey k) in z:\Builds\work\9f6cd39ff0f68f41\src\Orchard\Caching\Cache.cs:line 19 at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.AddOrUpdate(TKey key, Func`2 addValueFactory, Func`3 updateValueFactory) at Orchard.Caching.Cache`2.Get(TKey key, Func`2 acquire) in z:\Builds\work\9f6cd39ff0f68f41\src\Orchard\Caching\Cache.cs:line 17 at Orchard.Caching.DefaultCacheManager.Get[TKey,TResult](TKey key, Func`2 acquire) in z:\Builds\work\9f6cd39ff0f68f41\src\Orchard\Caching\DefaultCacheManager.cs:line 33 at Orchard.Layouts.Controllers.TemplateController.Get(String id) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
I'm curious if anyone has run into this before, as I'm not entirely certain what the root cause of this problem is. If the shape LayoutEditor_Template_Toolbox cannot be found, I'd imagine that would suggest that the Layouts module wasn't properly installed, but given that it's a core module that came with 1.9, I don't think that's it.

I'd appreciate any and all tips and suggestions. Thanks!