is it possible to export a workflow from one orchard install to another?

Topics: Administration, Core
Jul 3, 2015 at 4:48 PM
Hi,
We defined workflow to do some actions and we have different environment (dev, staging, live etc).

Is it possible to export the workflow I defined on dev and import to other environment?

I enabled the import/export module, but seems can't export workflow.

Many Thanks
Jul 3, 2015 at 4:51 PM
or if it is not possible to export a workflow, can someone tell me where the workflow stored (I am using sql server as storage)? I guess I could copy the workflow data out if it is in a table.
Developer
Jul 3, 2015 at 10:09 PM
You can export workflows via the Import/Export feature. When Workflows is enabled, you'll see an additional custom recipe step listed called "Workflows".
Jul 6, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Hi,
From export feature, I can only find export under "Choose the custom steps to execute in the export file", but not under "Choose the types to include in the export file:".

I thought "Choose the custom steps to execute in the export file" means when the data is exported, the workflow defined in custom steps will be called (so if I was doing some transform in the workflow, the transform will be called).

Are you saying "Choose the custom steps to execute in the export file" means the custom workflow will be exported (not executed during export)?
Developer
Jul 6, 2015 at 3:43 PM
Yes exactly, check the Workflows checkbox and it will cause your workflow definitions to be exported as well.
The reason you don't see Workflow listed under the list of types is because a workflow is not a content type, which is why a custom recipe step was implemented for it so it can participate in the export process.
Jul 6, 2015 at 4:43 PM
You are exactly right, it works perfectly