Redis Configuration

Topics: Administration, General
Jun 8, 2015 at 5:45 PM
I am currently attempting to configure Redis on an Orchard installation, however I'm not finding any documentation on how to set it up and configure it anywhere.

If someone could please provide a link on how to set it up I would appreciate it. If there is no link if someone would help me get mine up and running I would gladly create some documentation...

Thanks!
Jun 8, 2015 at 6:09 PM
I'm not sure if it is completely configured, but it appears to be working by adding this one connection string (not app setting) to the web.config file.
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="Orchard.Redis.OutputCache" connectionString="[service name].redis.cache.windows.net:6380,ssl=true,password=[primary access key]"/>
</connectionStrings>
It is my understanding that if you have multiple tenants you would simply prefix the name like so:
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="tenant1:Orchard.Redis.OutputCache" connectionString="[service name].redis.cache.windows.net:6380,ssl=true,password=[primary access key]"/>
    <add name="tenant2:Orchard.Redis.OutputCache" connectionString="[service name].redis.cache.windows.net:6380,ssl=true,password=[primary access key]"/>
</connectionStrings>
I hope this helps someone else in the future.