Why Orchard CMS not available in Azure Web App Gallery?

Topics: Administration, General, Installing Orchard
May 22, 2015 at 8:42 AM

While I was trying to create a new Orchard Site using Web App Gallery, I noticed Orchard is not present while other CMSs are there.

Orchard was there in the gallery earlier and I have deployed Orchard site via Gallery few times earlier.

Will it be available via Gallery?

Thanks & Regards,
May 22, 2015 at 3:58 PM
Anybody? It dissapeared from the Gallery... What's up?
May 22, 2015 at 4:54 PM
I can find it here:

and also in the new Azure Portal, even though it doesn't seem to be the latest version. I will investigate on this.

In the meantime please describe where you can't find it.
May 22, 2015 at 5:04 PM
I login to Azure, select Web App, create new, web app from gallery... Not listed in gallery anymore. It was a few days ago
May 23, 2015 at 5:47 AM

that URL does not work.

From the Azure portal at - https://manage.windowsazure.com, when you try,

New + -> Web App -> From gallery

You can see all other CMS and other Web Apps, but Orchard is missing since last few days. I am desperately trying to find it as I want to setup one of our clients website. We did all development on local, all modules are ready and it is missing from Gallery.

Will it be reinstated again in the Azure gallery?

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards,
May 23, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Edited May 23, 2015 at 1:11 PM
If you have visual studio, you can deploy to Azure pretty easily after you install the Azure SDK and the latest VS Service Packs. I was able to get it up and running on Azure yesterday by downloading Orchard 1.9 from the main Orchard site, loading the source in VS, deploying it to Azure, creating an empty DB on Azure, the running orchard on Azure and pointing it to the DB on Azure. Hope that helps.
May 25, 2015 at 7:56 AM

Not all team members have Visual Studio or "Real Developer". Few team members just install Orchard from Azure App Gallery and then customize the themes to get the site up and running. Having Orchard available on Azure App Gallery is really important for my team members to be able to quickly deploy the site.

Now there is a huge bottleneck to get the Orchard Up and running on Azure Web sites.

Can this be resolved? Will Orchard be available via Azure App Gallery?

Thanks & Regards,