Appreciate some guidance on a possible Meta Tag Module?

Topics: General, Writing modules, Writing themes
May 20, 2015 at 10:44 AM
Hi All - and thanks for your time...

First of all, my goal is just to have means of denoting a Robots meta tag for each one of my Page content items. I am using Multi-tenancy with Hosts comma delimited [mainhost,alpha,beta, etc.] to serve separate looking websites and I don’t want to have SEO issues when content is the same; hence, I wish to select <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow"> in those instances for that particular website.
As I only have three sites, other than the main one at the moment, I could just go about it in a relatively pain-free ‘static’ manner – but looking to the future and wishing to do things right - I feel the concept should be dynamic.
This also led me to the notion of ‘why stop there’ when there are so many other types of meta, hence the example below:

So, can anyone recommend a module that does this - or with some manipulation - something similar to amend. I’m also after the best way / direction on how to add this to the Page content type if I have to go from scratch -- as coding is not my strongest skill.

Look forward to your suggestions, Big thanks - Liv

PS> I’m aware many rules would be required, for instance – if a user was to add ‘robot – no index, no follow’ that would then render most other tags obsolete for that tenant. It would also make sense to have a default block, then just add the tenants - along with the meta - where it differs.
May 21, 2015 at 7:19 AM
Ok, so it seems I’m going to try and extend Jetski5822’s awesome module – as I don’t want to bite off more than I can chew [just yet] I thought I’d start small.
Part of his module adds a content part to the “site” content item [as per image]:

which I believe is saved in the infoset and not stored in a record.

In such a situation where I wish to achieve the following:

Basically, be able to select my Tenants and have tenant specific google data for each one -- "will I have to create a new record[s] and use IRepository [update the other content parts as well] for such, or can I do it like he has done via Models / Handlers alone?"

Any help, whatsoever, will be greatly appreciated - Big thanks in advance, Liv.