Orchard CMS module can't handle views with same name?

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard
Apr 30, 2015 at 9:14 AM
Really new to Orchard CMS. Some other developer created a module and a Driver called DbNewsContentIdFieldDriver and a view Content.Edit.cshtml.

I need similar feature but with some difference, so I just copy and pasted his code (duplidate the driver, but namespace is different and view as I need to change some other places), but then got this error

The model item passed into the dictionary is of type
'Fe.Orchard.News.ViewModels.DbNewsContentIdFieldModel', but this dictionary requires a model item of type
'Fe.Orchard.CorporateDatabase.ViewModels.DbNewsContentIdFieldModel'.
What I can see is that both drivers were called (from vs debugger) and seems that wrong model was passed to view.

When I uninstall one module (any one), the other will be working again. I can only guess that Orchard can't handle driver with same name or view Field with same name but in different module?

Is my guess correct?
Developer
Apr 30, 2015 at 4:41 PM
Please provide links when cross posting. Thanks.
Apr 30, 2015 at 5:00 PM
what links you talking about???
Developer
Apr 30, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Apr 30, 2015 at 5:54 PM
No one provided any useful answer on stackoverflow, so why should that link be included?
Developer
Apr 30, 2015 at 8:59 PM
Edited Apr 30, 2015 at 9:09 PM
  1. I asked you a question there which could help me help you getting an answer. If that's not useful you could at least respond there and tell me so - I might be able to clarify - I am sure you understand I won't be going to repeat myself here.
  2. It's a waste of people's time if some are helping you here and others on SO. Most people are very busy and yet try and spare some of their precious time to help out others like yourself. It's not cool if someone starts digging in while someone else may already have provided you with an answer on the other website.
Apr 30, 2015 at 9:30 PM
I don't feel in anyway that you are trying to answer my question? Or anyway you are trying to help others to answer question.

It certainly a waste time to asking endless not helpful and not meaningful non-details. If a product doesn't have proper documentation nor proper support, I am sure users will just leave and pick some more useful things and then enjoy a better life?
Developer
Apr 30, 2015 at 11:34 PM
I am sorry you feel that way - I was actually trying to help, otherwise I would not have bothered responding.
I am not sure why you are using the word "endless" as I only asked a single question and then offered some tips that may lead you into solving your issue.
And me being helpful or not, that still doesn't justify not providing a link to the original question for others.
May 1, 2015 at 8:59 AM
Sorry, but all the things you done so far are to damage the reputation of Orchard.

If you don't know the answer of the question, just honestly say don't know. If you don't know how to do support properly, just don't do support.

Also since when there is a rule that questions can only be asked in one place or has to provide a link? Are you the Internet dictator or Internet censorship? Or is Orchard the dictator??????????????
Developer
May 1, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Edited May 1, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Please enlighten me, how am I damaging Orchard's reputation?

If I ask a question that simply means I am trying to fully understand what's going on as an effort to help.
If you don't appreciate that, then I am sorry I tried. Won't happen again.

No sir, I am most definitely not the dictator of the Internet - more like a servant. I was simply asking you to provide a link to the original question for reasons I explained above. I don't know if it's a rule, but it seems only courteous to me. Obviously it's up to you what you do (or don't do) with that.
May 1, 2015 at 1:57 PM
I can't feel in any single part of your comments that you were trying to understand the issue, other than just trying to play around.

Anyway, I am not going to waste your valuable time on this.
Developer
May 1, 2015 at 3:18 PM
@daxu7509: you are making a fool of yourself. sfmskywalker is one of the most helpful and generous guys in this community, and he's doing his best to help you (for free, in his spare time) despite your obvious lack of understanding of even the most basic rules of Internet etiquette. You seem to think you are somehow paying him to "do support".

I suggest you either seriously rethink your approach if you want anyone to want to help you, or take your delusions and poor attitude and go poison some other community (or better yet, keep them to yourself).
May 1, 2015 at 3:28 PM
I don't know if he is the most helpful one or not. Is Orchard is something that can not be supported or documented, then I just try not use it. As simple as that.

If Orchard is a community full of developers like this, do I need to poison the community or it is something self poison?