Azure so UNREALIABLE ??

Topics: General
Apr 11, 2015 at 9:08 AM
hi,
i've been using azure for 2 weeks now.
and i'm seeing lots of "Something went wrong".
all the time.
not to mention it doesnt provide email service.

I thought it was my internet connectivity issue, but i can watch youtube seamlessly.
anyone here using azure? perhaps you could share your experience ?

thx
juna
Developer
Apr 11, 2015 at 8:14 PM
That's weird. I've been running Orchard Pros on Azure for maybe a year now, without any issues. IDeliverable has been running cool on it for many months as well. We use SendGrid as an email service on Azure, so not sure why you think it doesn't provide an email service. Is it a vanilla Orchard installation, or is there anything custom you did (or downloaded)?
Developer
Apr 12, 2015 at 2:12 PM
@arjunatantri What Azure region you're using? From what I can tell, the experience varies from region to region. For example, the North Europe region I'm mostly using has had a lot of minor to major problems in the last months - this was pretty annoying indeed. You can check your region detailed status here. Maybe you were just unlucky to fall into some maintenance period - 2 weeks is pretty short time to derive any long-term conclusions imho.

As for the e-mail service, I don't quite get the point. Azure is a hosting provider, not an e-mail service. If you need to send e-mails you need to have some SMTP server or use one of the cloud e-mail service providers (like SendGrid - I second Sipke on this - been using it for months and it's incredible).
Apr 14, 2015 at 6:17 AM
thx sfmskywalker and pszmyd for the response.
I'm using South East Asian region.
The problems occurs only in new azure portal.
But if i use the old one here "managewindowsazure.com", I can manage my portal just fine.

Yes I didnt realize that azure dont provide email service.
Before moving to azure, I always got the whole thing, domain, hosting, custom domain email from 1 provider.
It kinda inconvenience when you seperate all those stuffs.

thx
juna