Custom email to user upon signup

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Mar 24, 2015 at 1:39 PM
Hello all,

I want to email new users a custom email once they signup for my site.

At first I thought of doing it with workflows. User Content creation would be the trigger, then an email gets sent to the UserName token field, but this doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas how I might accomplish this?

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:05 PM
There are dedicated User activities if you turn on the Users Workflows Activities feature, I'd try to use those, but otherwise I think your approach is fine.
Mar 25, 2015 at 8:39 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2015 at 8:39 PM
Thanks for your response @Piedone

I couldn't find the Users Workflows Activities module, but I did find the Roles Workflows Activities module. Is that the one you meant?

I enabled it, and noticed it has a User Task node for workflows, but no documentation on what the "available actions" are. Do you know where I can find this information?

I tried doing it with core Orchard by setting the trigger as Content Created (User), and then Send Email but the tokenizer in the email doesn't recognize {User.Name} as the logged in user, and outputs "anonymous".
Mar 25, 2015 at 9:51 PM
No, the feature is being displayed in Modules -> Features exactly as Zoltan wrote - "Users Workflows Activities". It's coming from Orchard.Users module, btw.
What Orchard version are you using?
Marked as answer by Makedonian on 4/1/2015 at 9:25 AM
Mar 25, 2015 at 9:58 PM
Hi! Which version of orchard do you use? I guess the user workflows are only available in the 1.x or 1.9-int branch.
If you use 1.8.1 you should be able to download my Utility module and enable the Rimango.Workflows.UserActivities feature.
Marked as answer by Makedonian on 4/1/2015 at 9:25 AM
Apr 1, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Thanks @pszmyd and @benschi11

I used 1.8.1

@benschi11 I downloaded your module, works great, thanks!