Orchard Import/Export

Topics: Core
Mar 11, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Edited Mar 11, 2015 at 10:25 PM

We are trying to export the content from an orchard site to another instance of Orchard (moving from staging to production servers). The built-in import/export feature works for content, but it doesn't maintain versioning/events for the content. This information is vital as our clients need a method of keeping track of who made what changes and when. We are currently using the Arana.VersionManager module (with some minor tweaks) to handle versions of content items. Is there some method for exporting the version history of content items as well as the actual content (prior to Orchard 1.9)? I know 1.9 offers an audit trail, when we upgrade to 1.9 will the audit trial data be exportable between sites? Thank you.

Edit: I have verified 1.9 will allow for exporting the audit trail which is great. This doesn't solve my current problem however. I have tried to alter the import export module to allow for exporting AllVersions instead of Published or Drafts, but this didn't work. Any ideas of what I can do? Whatever I do it needs to be compatible with the audit trail module when we upgrade (if possible). Thank you.
Mar 12, 2015 at 9:32 PM
Can't you copy over the entire database to production (syncing down whatever you need from production first)?
Mar 13, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Edited Mar 13, 2015 at 12:22 AM
We have tried copying over the whole database to the production server but usually run into problems with pathing and permissions. We have the sites on differently named drives on each server.

Edit: We haven't tried moving the database file over before going through the set up on the tenant. We've only tried moving the file after the tenant had already been set up. Could moving the database first fix the problem? Thank you.