Orchard UI Notify

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Mar 5, 2015 at 1:28 AM
Edited Mar 5, 2015 at 2:15 AM
I'm trying to create a custom version of the Notifier in Orchard as a module that allows for a zone to be specified instead of placing it in the Messages zone. I have it working but for some reason my custom ICustomNotifier doesn't seem to be totally independent of the Orchard INotifier. I say this because a message created with the ICustomNotifier by a custom Notify activity I created adds the message to both my list of ICustomNotifier notifications and the list of INotifier notifications. The same works in reverse. It looks like they are actually using the same list instead of separate lists. Any ideas how to get them separated from each other? I basically just took the code for notifications in the UI folder and copied it to a new module and then tweaked it to do what I wanted. Thank you.

I've tried renaming everything but it doesn't work. I don't think I'm understanding how the entries are being saved. It would appear no matter what name you give your variables and classes they get added to the same list of entries as the built in INotifier entries. Any ideas how to separate them?

Edit: I've even tried changing my notifier from using an IList and IEnumerable to just a plain list. No dice.
Mar 5, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Wow...It's been a long day. I totally glazed over the fact each message was being stored in the TempData and that was where the messages were then grabbed from and displayed. I just changed mine to use a different key in the TempData and walla!
Marked as answer by emeraldarcher on 3/4/2015 at 6:49 PM