Installed a theme but doesnt show in Visual Studio.

Topics: Writing themes
Feb 14, 2015 at 9:47 AM
Hi,
I downloaded a theme from the gallery on my local dev environment and expected to see all the theme files within Solution -> Themes -> Themes -> Installed_Theme, as I am working with the orchard source for 1.8.1, but I see nothing.
I know the theme has installed correctly because it's working on localhost. I've also downloaded the file and installed it from my PC to see if that made a difference.

Am I missing something?
Developer
Feb 14, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Downloading a theme from the gallery will save the theme to disk, but will not update your solution file. You need to include the theme project manually.
Feb 14, 2015 at 12:47 PM
Thanks, so in Visual Studio, just add existing project to my Orchard solution and rebuild it all together?
Developer
Feb 14, 2015 at 12:53 PM
You can see the folder by clicking 'show all files' button and then right click and 'Include to project'.
Or if there is a .csproj file int the theme, right click on the Themes solution folder and 'add existing project'.
Feb 15, 2015 at 1:39 PM
I was able to do that but when I built the project I was getting an Orchard.Core assembly was missing message. The way I solved this was I clicked on the Themes folder, then Add Existing Project, and added the theme at way. Seems to have worked, I can now built the solutions and edit the theme within VS.

Thanks.