Related User Content

Topics: Core, General
Jan 29, 2015 at 9:56 AM
I have managed to extend the User Content by adding some address fields etc. What I would like to do now is allow users to add their own News Items say ( just an example). So when I list the News Item I can filter by user or display the user who added the news item. Also when a user logs into their account they can see "their" news items Master Details style (with edit/delete etc)

I am fairly new to Orchard but I am an MVC developer so I am quite happy to write some code to do this if necessary. I just want to see how much I can do without code do from the Admin first. Do I need to resort to code to link custom items to user.
Feb 25, 2015 at 8:49 AM
Feb 26, 2015 at 8:48 AM
Not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to allow users to edit their own content on the front-end? In that case there is existing functionality for that:

Content Control Wrapper allows front-end editing for authenticated users (Modules -> Features -> Content Control Wrapper). In the User permissions you can define that users are only allowed to alter their own content.

Besides that, if I recall correctly, there even is an Inline Content Editor feature somewhere.
Feb 27, 2015 at 1:03 AM
The Inline Editing Module is here on github ->