Help with side menu - alternate not working

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Jan 12, 2015 at 9:23 AM
I am using Orchard v. and creating a theme with Foundation. I am trying to follow this post, which makes perfect sense, I have created a SideMenu in navigation and added it to a widget layer in the AsideFirst zone. I have created Menu-SideMenu.cshtml, MenuItem-SideMenu.cshtml and MenuItemLink-SideMenu.cshtml. I have Menu.cshtml, MenuItem.cshtml and MenuItemLink.cshtml also under the Views folder of my theme. The side menu doesn't seem to take effect, it keeps rendering as the main menu.
Can someone direct me if I am missing something? or doing something wrong?

Jan 12, 2015 at 8:53 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2015 at 9:53 PM
You have to use the technical name of the Widget (e.g the same name SideMenu), then you will be able to use Menu-side-menu.cshtml, MenuItem-side-menu.cshtml, and MenuItemLink-side-menu.cshtml

Try the shape tracing module to see in the front end all the alternates that you can use. Unfortunately, there are some discrepencies in case of the menu items shapes

Note: To have more alternates, try also these modules: Widget alternates and url alternates

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Thanks jtkech. I had done everything you mentioned. I am leaving this post in here in case someone has a similar issue. The solution is really simple. I renamed the technical widget from SideMenu to SideBar and replaced in relevant places and magic it worked!!! I guess the parser gets confused with the word menu at the end.