Module (Forum)

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard
Jan 6, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Hi guys,

We need to integrate a forum to our orchard Website.

In the Gallery there's only one forum that is basic. We need to integrate a more rich forum to orchard site.

Can anyone did this or find a great forum that easy to integrate with orchard.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Your best bet is that forum by Nicholas Mayne. There is no other open-source forum for Orchard (though the current version may be improved to what you see in the Gallery, check out its Github repo).
Jan 8, 2015 at 9:26 AM
Edited Jan 8, 2015 at 9:27 AM
Hi Lunix11,

What kind of Forum stuff are you looking to integrate? And Zoltan is correct, use the Github repo rather than the gallery

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM
We need a rich forum with rich text editor uplaoding files and documents capabilities.

Also the possibility to invite people to join a forum.

We know all that the forum of forum by Nicholas Mayne it's great but it's really basic and need to be leveraged.

Thx guys for your answer.
Sep 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Hello, any resolution to this - do we need to build an API to a more robust Forum? Are there any examples of advanced implementations of Jetski's module? I find that my clients are looking for robust forum and are actually ruling out Orchard because of this???
Sep 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM
@maxwebster, we are using Nicholas module as a basis: bootstrapped and Gravatar enhanced. It is basic but can easily elevate.
Sep 30, 2015 at 7:04 AM
There is also the fork of this repo, by jon_x. He extended the forum with functionality:
Oct 5, 2015 at 7:33 PM
Thanks urbanit and sandberg - any chance you can send me a link to a sample?

I'm thinking of building an interface with YetAnotherForum (or something similar)

thanks again
Oct 22, 2015 at 11:31 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2015 at 11:33 PM
I can relate to the pain; the NGM.Forum is a decent proof of concept, but it is not powerful enough to use. We decided to roll our own solution, using Blogs/BlogPosts/Comments and Ratings modules.

Another option is the InstantForum from InstantASP. They have an Orchard integration story, although I can't speak from experience using it.
Oct 28, 2015 at 12:42 PM
Interesting ayitey - I'd love to see what you've done. Also, I've already written an SQL Server integration module for InstantForum years ago, I'll check it out.