Some Questions about the abilities of Orchard CMS?

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Jan 4, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Edited Jan 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM
i am new about Orchard CMS and i have following question about the abilities of orchard and i hope from you please answer me if you have any knowledge about orchard
Are below features below applicable through administration UI only or using free module from gallery ?
  1. Security (Row level and Field Level)?
  2. Workflow engine with Escalation (Extensible with .net custom code)
  3. Reporting (With Dashboard and Charts and Tabular Reports)
  4. Module Builder (with Form Editor)
  5. Relationship management between Modules (Create new relationship)
kind regards,
Ahmed Samir
Jan 18, 2015 at 8:55 PM
  1. There is content item-level access control in Orchard by default (think row-level). No field-level access control for built-in fields but you can implement it for your own fields or even add the ability to built-in fields from code.
  2. Yes, it's the Workflows module. It, and everything else in Orchard, is extensible.
  3. There is some reporting that is rather user-facing logging, but no charts or else. What would you report on?
  4. A module in Orchard is a type of extension (plugin) so I guess you are talking about something else. There is a new layout and form builder (will be released in 1.9 as Dynamic Layouts) however, and there is a more basic form builder already (Custom Forms).
  5. I guess you are talking about relationships between pieces of content. There is a plethora of options, including the built-in Taxonomies and Tags module, as well as the container-containable (1-n) relationship. Also more exotic stuff like