Deploying Orchard with in Azure with the Git Repository

Topics: Core, General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Dec 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Hey there,

With Windows Azure websites I'm trying to deploy my Orchard through a git repository. When committing to this repo, it automatically fires a simple continuous integration build. The problem I'm facing is caused by the simplified build command.
msbuild Orchard.Web.csproj /t:Build /t:pipelinePreDeployCopyAllFilesToOneFolder
Above is the simplified version of the build command but as you can see here it only compiles the Orchard.Web project and then copies all it's compiled binaries and files to a target directory.
However, the modules are not being compiled as Orchard.Web doesn't contain any references to them. For the above command this is expected, however I also want the script to compile my modules projects.

So as explained in this more detailed github issue (https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/issues/1425) I've tried to change the script so it first compiles the solution and then run the 'pipelinePreDeployCopyAllFilesToOneFolder' task. However, this results in a lot of dll's being copied to the bin directory of each module (System.Web, etc all the other referenced libraries). This causes the azure disk space to exceed its quote and it will cancel its build.

I've looked all over the place for a solution, but I couldn't find one. The visual studio publishing tool does it very nicely and exactly like I want, but I can't figure out on how it's doing.
It should build the entire solution with minimal output (only 1 dll per orchard module) and in the end still run the 'pipelinePreDeployCopyAllFilesToOneFolder' task so that the end result will be an artifacts folder that looks very similar to a visual studio file publish scenario.

Kind Regards,

Rik van den Berg
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2014 at 11:26 PM