Using Orchard as a Computer Management System

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Dec 29, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I'm looking for a new Computer Management System (CMS) for 2015.
Things I am looking for especially for my future blog are?....
1) "visitor's page" ...where are you from, what were you looking for, did you find what you're looking for??? , or are you a repeat guest
2)visitors leaving COMMENTS without having to sign up to be members of that CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. I still want to moderate the comments, of course.
3)Press"Like" without being harassed by the CMS. When I first started with Wordpress, many of you all told me the difficulty to simply "Like" my blogs because of Wordpress's "rigga-ma-roe" to sign-up and crap!

Does Orchard do any of these things. I was disappointed that the Orchard Representative for "contact" us for help did not know the answers
Jan 1, 2015 at 2:09 AM
I'm not sure I'd say Orchard would be best suited as Computer Management System, but it works quite well as a Content Management System.

1) You can make a visitor's page easily. In the context of Orchard, you'd make a form to collect the information you want. No problem.
2) Yes, you can leave comments without registering. Moderation is no problem. There's also modules for commonly used spam filters.
3) Social media integration exists if that's what your after. You can make an anonymous like button that acts a counter too.

What else do you need for 2015?
Jan 1, 2015 at 12:11 PM
Thanks, Turtle
I appreciate the "gentle correction" from Computer Management System to Content Management System. :-)
Do you have any links for people who already use Orchard as their CMS?

Happy New Year, Haven

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:06 AM
There are hundreds of thousands of sites running on Orchard, many of which are high volume commercial sites. an easy way to find sites running orchard is to search the exact phrase "powered by orchard" in your favorite search engine. What I'd suggest you do is play with Orchard for a few minutes, as it's a more advanced CMS and might be more than you can handle. There's even a service that will deploy an Orchard site that you can explore in @ that I recommend if want to explore a bit. Free to try!