Common Part doesn't respect date/time culture in 1.x

Topics: Localization
Dec 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Currently I have everything localized but still get PublishedState in default site's culture. And yes, I have Date/Time Format Localization enabled.
Developer
Dec 20, 2014 at 8:55 AM
You should probably not have the "Date/Time Format Localization" feature enabled.

The name of the feature is a little misleading on its own. Without that feature, date/time formats are localized to the configured culture of your site, using the built-in localization of the .NET Framework (CultureInfo and related classes), which will probably give you the behavior you expect. But with that feature enabled, the date/time format localization instead relies on translation files (.po) which you will then have to provide for any localization to occur.

The feature is mainly there for backward compatibility, and should be needed only in extremely rare cases, such as when you want to localize date/time formats to a culture not supported by the .NET Framework.
Marked as answer by thims on 12/22/2014 at 3:58 AM
Dec 22, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Nice! Thank you for detailed explanations. This actually did the trick.
Dec 31, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Edited Dec 31, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Decorum wrote:
The feature is mainly there for backward compatibility, and should be needed only in extremely rare cases, such as when you want to localize date/time formats to a culture not supported by the .NET Framework.
Oooo! Tnx! I lost a few hours until I myself guessed who is the wrecker :( "Date/Time Format Localization" better rename to "Anti Localization":) I think is better to rename "Date/Time Format USA only", and in this case we get problems. Big problems ;)
Developer
Dec 31, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Agorby,
Yes I think you're right. I will rename it, and clarify its description.