SMTP - The given key was not present in the dictionary (1.x)

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 4, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Vanilla 1.x > enable email > set SMTP (tried gmail and office 365 accounts) > Send test message
"The Given key was not present in the dictionary".

At first I thought I had an issue upgrading from 1.7, but with email failing on a vanilla "ClickToBuild" install too, me thinks it's a bug. but before submitting it as a bug I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this..?

Nothing in the logs but I haven't spent any time trying to debug so if I'm alone here I'll try to do more digging.

Thanks for any replies!!
Dec 5, 2014 at 6:58 PM
So no one has any issues sending email with the current 1.x build?

I've tested on 3 machines (Win 7, Win 8, Server 2008, SQL Server 2008, 2012 and Express). No error logs, nothing showing in ie dev tools and no idea where else to look.

Can someone maybe shed a little light on how to debug the SMTP test message?

Did something change in the way SMTP is handled?
Does the new "Reply To" address have anything to do with it (there's no field to test "Reply To" in email settings.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dec 6, 2014 at 2:58 AM
nxtjv wrote:
So no one has any issues sending email with the current 1.x build?

I've tested on 3 machines (Win 7, Win 8, Server 2008, SQL Server 2008, 2012 and Express). No error logs, nothing showing in ie dev tools and no idea where else to look.

Can someone maybe shed a little light on how to debug the SMTP test message?

Did something change in the way SMTP is handled?
Does the new "Reply To" address have anything to do with it (there's no field to test "Reply To" in email settings.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Yes. You're right. It's because of the ReplyTo field. I added the ReplyTo field input in the SmtpSettings.cshtml and a replyto parameter to the TestMailSettings action method of the EmailAdminController and it worked.

Go ahead submit it as a bug.

Cheers,
Abhishek
Marked as answer by nxtjv on 12/5/2014 at 11:33 PM
Dec 6, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Thanks Abhishek! That indeed does the trick :)
Bug filed https://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/21103