Can we set user wise permission not role wise in orchard?

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard
Dec 3, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Hi every one,

greeting for the day.

As I am beginners and i wanted to set user wise permission on the modules not role wise as it is implemented in orchard.

I have scenario like following:

suppose that we have two users(A,B) having same roles on the site, but i want to set the permission
for user(A), can only create and view content and user(B) can only delete and update the content.

Is it possible to set permission(user wise) as i have mentioned above?

please reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance...
Dec 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Create 1 role with the common permissions and 2 separate roles for the different permissions and assign roles to users.
Remember the final permissions granted are the union of all permissions gathered from assigned roles.
Unless I have not understood correctly your requirement.
Dec 4, 2014 at 5:05 AM
Edited Dec 4, 2014 at 5:06 AM
continue with our previous discussion

suppose that we have two users belongs to role(A).
if we set permission on module(Test) for the role(A) it will automatically assign the permission to both users, belongs to role(A) right.
now, we wants that both users belongs to role(A) but permission will be different to individual user on the same module(Test).

for example

Role Name: A
ModuleName: Test

Permissions are :
  1. TestAdd
  2. TestEdit
  3. TestDelete
Username: user1, user2 belongs to role(A)

We wants to set permission for user1 to (TestAdd) and user2 to (TestEdit,TestDelete)
is it possible?...

thanks ...
Developer
Dec 4, 2014 at 5:17 AM
No, but what you can do is create another Role X just for user 1 and Role Y just for user 2.
Orchard doesn't support assigning permissions to users directly, unless you build that yourself.