Is it possible to use two themes at a time?

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Localization, Troubleshooting, Writing themes
Nov 26, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Hi

I want to use two theme for my website for two language the English and Persian. Persian theme need to be rtl while English should be ltr so I should choose two themes. I want user to be able to choose the language and when he does So I link him to the other language. so I need to use two different theme for different parts of my web site. Is it possible in Orchard?

Thanks for your time
Developer
Nov 26, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Hi maryam_karimi

You can actually enable as many themes as you want at the same time. If you want to determine which one is the one you want on a particular page or culture, you will need to create a class that implements IThemeSelector with the logic in.

However, why do you need two themes? RTL and LTR can be built in the same style sheet. Are you using the 1.x branch as that is RTL/LTR friendly.

N
Nov 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Thanks for your assistance. I searched and found your discussion about the issue. I think it is a good idea to use it.
If I consider using RTL/LTR friendly 1.x branch , then will I be able to change the widgets content for different languages?

In fact I wanted to use two themes because I need to have the same widgets in both languages. and whenever user click on eng/per the whole contents of the site change according to their choice.

is it possible with RTL/LTR friendly 1.x branch?
Developer
Nov 26, 2014 at 2:51 PM
To change the widgets you should use a Culture Layer rules, there is one just for rtl, culture-isrtl(true) I think it is.
Nov 26, 2014 at 3:00 PM
thanks a lot.
Nov 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Can you please help me with implementing IThemeSelector for one RTL and one LTR themes?
Nov 28, 2014 at 11:33 PM
search Bertrand Le Roy's blog