Multi user / Multi Group Content Approval Workflow

Topics: Core, Writing modules
Nov 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I have a multi-user and multi-group content approval workflow requirement. I need content to be approved by all the group roles/groups of users, before it is published. For Example, First it should be approved by group A, then B, and so on. I have summarized my workflow in the following simple steps:
  1. When admin creates content item, users (groups/roles) are notified by email.
  2. When users sign in, they see Accept and Reject buttons. Users submit their response. The workflow will not continue until all the users in one group have submitted their response.
  3. If all the users have approved, then users second group (for example, group b users) are notified by email.
  4. The content will be published once all the users have submitted their responses.
My Questions, How to:
1.  Find out, how many users in a group have submitted their responses. And what responses they have submitted. For example, I want to my workflow to continue, if and only if:

a.    All the users have submitted their responses.
              b.    And, all the users have pressed approved.

2.    Hide the Approve, Reject buttons, which are given by User Task Activity, once user has approved or rejected. 

3.  Hide the Save, Publish and Publish Later buttons from the users who are going to approve/reject it.