Can i insatll asp.net project on Orchard

Topics: Administration, Writing modules
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Can i insatll asp.net project on Orchard if yes how can i do that.please provide the details as soon as possible.

Thanks
Yadagiri.J
Developer
Nov 6, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Orchard already is an ASP.NET project, so you don't need to install another one. Just implement your modules and themes.
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Also, see the Installing Orchard docs for more information about how to get set-up based on your scenario.
Nov 7, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM
how can we install asp.net modules on orchard. can we have asp pages on orchard
Developer
Nov 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM
You can install asp.net modules like any other module in an asp.net site: through web.config.
Orchard doesn't support ASP pages. Nor should you want to do so. Instead, you should rewrite your ASP pages as controllers, parts and drivers. Or, if those pages don't need Orchard functionality, you could consider creating a virtual directory in your IIS site, and serve your ASP pages from there.
Nov 11, 2014 at 12:10 PM
How can i create master page for the custom module in Orchard.

Thanks
Yadagiri.J
Nov 21, 2014 at 4:31 PM
It seems like you are misunderstanding Orchard's core architecture, which is built on ASP.NET MVC, not ASP.NET WebForms. Orchard does not have the concept of a "master page" because ASP.NET MVC does not have the concept of a "master page" - but you can use views/partial views and Orchard's theming infrastructure to get the same result.

What are you trying to accomplish here? Do you have an existing ASP.NET WebForms app that you would like to run inside Orchard? Or are you trying to implement some custom functionality in Orchard, using WebForms? In either case, a custom Module and/or Theme is the way to go. Make sure to read First Steps into Orchard and Writing a New Theme from the Orchard docs.