RTL and LTR switch and Custom Forms

Topics: Localization
Nov 3, 2014 at 6:19 AM
I have a project where customer need to create bilingual website, but unfortunately Orchard is not support switch from RTL and LTR out of the box and after a research specially here in discussion board it also don't support translation for Custom Forms, these lead me to a disaster and it'll be an obstacle in my project.

Can you please suggest a solution for the 2 issues?
Developer
Nov 3, 2014 at 6:57 AM
The upcoming 1.9 release will have RTL support and a new Dynamic Forms module where you can create localized versions of Form content items.
Custom Forms support localization too, but for that you'll have to work with PO files. No need for any disaster. :)
Nov 3, 2014 at 7:09 AM
sfmskywalker wrote:
The upcoming 1.9 release will have RTL support and a new Dynamic Forms module where you can create localized versions of Form content items.
Custom Forms support localization too, but for that you'll have to work with PO files. No need for any disaster. :)
Thanks for the fast response, but Can you tell me the estimated date to release 1.9? and How to use the *.po files with custom forms?
Developer
Nov 3, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1.9 will hopefully be released anywhere between now and the next two weeks, but you can use the 1.x source code to try it out of you want.
Using PO files is explained here: http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Creating-global-ready-applications
Nov 3, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Feature roadmap says October so I'd say any day now :).

I'm in need of 1.9 features as well (mainly fixed import identities by Bertrand, dynamic forms and layouts come handy as well) so I switched to 1.x branch and compile the very latest code myself which includes all these features already, so that is one way to go if you don't want to wait. (You don't have to use it for production, just development and assessment until 1.9 is released)
Nov 6, 2014 at 8:01 AM
sfmskywalker wrote:
1.9 will hopefully be released anywhere between now and the next two weeks, but you can use the 1.x source code to try it out of you want.
Using PO files is explained here: http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Creating-global-ready-applications
I read the PO documentation and I found this discussion about the translation and this what I'm asking about but as I found PO won't help.