Media Library Picker Field and types to display, forgotten placeholder?

Topics: Administration, General, Troubleshooting
Nov 2, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Edited Nov 2, 2014 at 5:06 PM
When I add Media Library Picker Field to the Page it has a setting "Content Types and Parts - A comma separated value of all the content types or content parts to display." ... I thought this means that if I type in "Image" it would let me select only image media. But from what I can tell it does nothing, does nothing even in 1.x branch and I can't find any relevant code that would utilize this DisplayedContentTypes field. Am I missing something or it's some long forgotten placeholder?
Nov 2, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Edited Nov 2, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Edit: I used the Content Item Picker instead of the Media Library Picker - my fold :/. I can confirm the bug, that this field doesn't have an effect.

I also found no way to strike out my old answer, so I deleted it.
Nov 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Edited Nov 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM
When I click "Add" it lists all the available media images, documents, audio, video. Maybe I just don't understand how is this supposed to work. My idea was that it allows you to limit selection to certain types and parts like only images.
Nov 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Isn't it meant for how to display a media item? E.g. only the image, or the image with the title, or the size too etc.
Nov 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM
It makes no difference in this sense either, also it states "content types or parts" title, size are fields. I think it should work the same way as the mentioned Content Item Picker but scoped to media stereotype. My guess is that someone just forgot to implement the backend. Would be nice to hear from Orchard developer what's the purpose of this field and whether it works as intended.
Nov 4, 2014 at 3:51 PM
I totally agree with Xeevis. It seems to be ported from the media picker but forgotten to implement (I search the whole solution for "DisplayedContentTypes" but I found only the code for storing the value in settings - no use of them).
Developer
Nov 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Would you mind creating an issue for this so we can triage it? Thanks.