Full Text indexing of Media documents

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Oct 21, 2014 at 7:11 PM
I have installed the search capability in Orchard using the Lucene engine and I have a requirement to provide full text indexing search of documents that are stored in the Media folders. The customer wants to be able to search any content that is also stored in the individual documents.

However, I have not seen any options in the Search module to add or support Full Text indexing of the documents stored in the Media folder, so I was wondering if there is any way to accomplish this in Orchard? Is there a setting that I can turn on in Lucene or something that I can customize to achieve this?

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:53 PM
There is a feature for that, sure. It's called Orchard.Search.MediaLibrary. It will add a search box in the Media page.

You can also add you media to the front end index.
Oct 27, 2014 at 3:42 PM
I added this Search to my Orchard installation, however, I want to expose full-text indexing and search of my Media folders and documents to my end users.

Is there a way to accomplish that using the built-in capabilities of Orchard?
Dec 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Edited Dec 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM
I would like to know this too...

Would it require additional libraries such as iTextSharp for PDF document searching?
Feb 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Is there an update on this item? When I mean full text indexing and searching, I am looking for searching within the actual document content/document body rather than just the metadata attached to the document. Even though it is using the Lucene engine, I have not seen any actual searching capabilities within the document content. I have tried searching for specific words that I know reside within the document and Orchard has never successfully returned any search results that match those keywords.

Please advise.