Content based on user role

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard
Sep 26, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Hi!
I'm new to Orchard and I have a question about the user Roles.

I need something very "simple". When user AA login he will see only the content which is choosen for users with Role AA, when user BB login he will see only things which were created for BB role.
Is that possible?

For example I will have to blogs. One will be seen by AA user, and second one willl be seen by BB user.
Sep 26, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Edited Sep 26, 2014 at 7:29 PM
I think you can accomplish this with the ContentPermission Feature, thats build in in Orchard CMS.
There is a ContentPart called "Content Permissions". Add this contentpart to your ContentType which needs permission on contentItem level and configure it.

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Hi,
thanks for the answer but this doesn't solve my problem: I checked that.

I need to be able to select which page is for which role.
As an example:
List of 3 roles that I'd like to create:
-Mechanic
-WorkshopManager
-GlobalAdministrator.
Now the GlobalAdministrator can DO and SEE everything, and also create certain parts of the website. For example he will create Blog called WorhShopLondon and he will create WorkshopManager called Chris.
Now Chris can add new users only to the WorkShopLondon group. He can see/edit everything only in the group WorkShopLondon.
He will add a new Mechanic called Bob. Bob can add/remove/edit own posts, chat (so I need a chat plugin) with other mechanics from WorkShopLondon. And he can read/view all the things in WorkShopLondon.

This is what I would like to create as the final thing.