Orchard 1.8.1 Workflow Form Submitted

Topics: General
Sep 24, 2014 at 1:38 PM
New installation: added custom form and need to create workflow on submission - no 'form submitted' action is present - (I have done this 3 times with 3 different installs now)
Anyone tell me how to get form submitted ? Can I use content created even though it is not published ?
Is there any way of getting form submitted option visible ?
Sep 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM
someone have pity on me please - am sitting here watching the screen for any reply !
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Skype me, same username
Developer
Sep 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM
I just installed a fresh 1.8.1 site, and:
  1. Enabled the Custom Forms feature;
  2. Created a content type called "Contact Form Submission";
  3. Created a custom form called "Contact Form";
  4. Created a workflow called "Contact Form Submitted";
And behold: there is the "Form Submitted" activity you need:

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2014 at 10:14 AM
thanks sebastien, will do that..
I just tried again exactly as sky suggests, no joy - is it because I am using webmatrix ? - will download fresh version!
Sep 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Edited Sep 26, 2014 at 4:39 PM
downloaded new copy from Orchard site downloads - it works !
Trying to spot differences from webplatform installer - it seems 1.8 on webplatform but files like orchard.core.dll is 1.7
I s the lesson here to download from Orchard site only ?
Thanks for your help guys - was ready for packing this one up and leaving my clients on earlier versions.
181 says Orchard.Rules is required - oh dear !
Sep 27, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Having got the webplatform version with bad workflow I have now the 1.8.1 from orchard site and getting error for Orchard.Rules and cannot seem to save the email settings - hence cannot test the custom forms and workflow ! My log files remain empty on the save settings issue. ( on a cleared log nothing is recorded)
I am convinced its a version issue - I cant get a decent working version.
This project is good and I have nearly 30 sites using it - but getting help on new version or 'minor though critical' issues is getting a real pain now.
Developer
Sep 30, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Edited Oct 1, 2014 at 5:57 AM
100222 wrote:
downloaded new copy from Orchard site downloads - it works !
Trying to spot differences from webplatform installer - it seems 1.8 on webplatform but files like orchard.core.dll is 1.7
I s the lesson here to download from Orchard site only ?
I just downloaded and ran Orchard from the Web Platform Installer, and the Form Submitted activity is there. Are you sure you enabled the Custom Forms feature when looking for that activity?
Thanks for your help guys - was ready for packing this one up and leaving my clients on earlier versions.
181 says Orchard.Rules is required - oh dear !
Yeah, unfortunately that's a misguided dependency declaration in the module manifest of Orchard.Scripting. I think it meant to be Orchard.Widgets. It should be fixed as part of 1.8.x, which will soon be released as 1.8.2. Until then, you will have to manually fix that dependency declaration (Orchard.Scripting/Module.txt).

EDIT: I checked it out, but Orchard.Rules is an existing (yet deprecated) feature, so it's not a misguided declaration - it is something else. maybe a compilation issue. I'll look into it some more.
Developer
Sep 30, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Edited Sep 30, 2014 at 12:12 AM
100222 wrote:
Having got the webplatform version with bad workflow I have now the 1.8.1 from orchard site and getting error for Orchard.Rules and cannot seem to save the email settings - hence cannot test the custom forms and workflow ! My log files remain empty on the save settings issue. ( on a cleared log nothing is recorded)
What's that about not being able to save email settings? Works fine when I tried it with 1.8.1 from Web PI.
I am convinced its a version issue - I cant get a decent working version.
Sorry to hear that. At this point the only problem I was able to reproduce is the incorrect Orchard.Rules dependency (which is easy to fix as mentioned in my previous reply).

This project is good and I have nearly 30 sites using it - but getting help on new version or 'minor though critical' issues is getting a real pain now.
We are doing the best we can using our own spare free time. Bugfixes are continually pushed to the 1.8.x branch. If that isn't good enough, you might want to consider hiring a professional developer.
Oct 1, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Good advice and I do appreciate your efforts in trying to replicate. The features I use are deliberately low-tech stuff so as to avoid too much custom development - 1.8.1 has just caused me a lot more issues than I have met before. The empty logs with email have almost totally blinded me to getting solutions on this occasion.
Developer
Oct 1, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Understood. Sorry to hear it's been a hassle. Hopefully you'll get it up and running. If you try the 1.8.x branch, please do let us know if you see any issues.