problem with loading orchard.

Topics: General, Installing Orchard
Sep 12, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Hi. after doing every thing that has been said in manually installing Orchard in this linke:

http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Manually-installing-Orchard-zip-file

when I press browse:*80 the opened page is completely empty. the address bar shows localhost and the page shows nothing. what should I do?
Developer
Sep 12, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Hmm. Is there anything in the Orchard logs?

BTW did you try to run Orchard from VS by simply opening the solution and hitting Ctrl+F5?
Sep 12, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Piedone wrote:
Hmm. Is there anything in the Orchard logs?

BTW did you try to run Orchard from VS by simply opening the solution and hitting Ctrl+F5?
thank you very much I have used web.zip and by using the source code and visual studio my problem is now solved. I have another problem when I try to make a connection string it gives me the following error:

Setup failed: Begin failed with SQL exception

I have run sql server and I have made a db named orcharddb in it and make a login with orcharduser for that but It couldn't solve the problem.

can you please help me to solve this?
Developer
Sep 12, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Great to hear!

For this error you should see the details in the logs for sure. BTW for local development I suggest you to use integrated security, no need for the hassle with logins.
Sep 12, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Piedone wrote:
Great to hear!

For this error you should see the details in the logs for sure. BTW for local development I suggest you to use integrated security, no need for the hassle with logins.
can you please explain more. I didn't get what should you do and how can I use integrated security?
and where can I find log files?
Developer
Sep 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM
When you add Integrated Security=true; to the SQL connstring it will use your Windows credentials to access the SQL server, which is a simple way when developing locally.
Sep 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Piedone wrote:
When you add Integrated Security=true; to the SQL connstring it will use your Windows credentials to access the SQL server, which is a simple way when developing locally.
thanks alot. it works :)