New Dashboard for admin

Topics: Administration, Core
Aug 7, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Hi All,

I've been working on a new dashboard for the admin area and would love to here feeback, suggestions etc. Here's a quick screencast showing where I'm at:

At the moment its fully client side using angular and bootstrap. I'm looking for ideas on how best to integrate with Orchard - I want the dashboard widgets to be easy to compose so maybe a dashboard part or stereotype?

Let me know your thoughts.

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:17 PM
The idea is great, but now if you take what Sipke has been doing with dynamic layout, and you just say that the Dashboard is just another page with the Layout part, then you have it working, and the reusable widgets (elements) infrastructure is already in place.

So maybe you could give advice to Sipke on how to make his editor better, as you are the Orchard master of client side programming. Have you looked at what he has accomplished so far ?
Aug 7, 2014 at 5:31 PM
I'm aware he was working on the layouts stuff and did consider how it would overlap but not seen anything for a while. Is it on github/codeplex?
Aug 7, 2014 at 5:48 PM
orchard, main repository, feature/layout branch
Aug 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Yep, it's on the feature/layouts branch. Steve, let me know if you want a walkthrough.
Aug 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Please consider localization and right to left layout possibility for these works.
Aug 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM
@sfmskywalker - you on skype?

@mehranrezaei - Thanks. Yes, ill consider this - bootstrap is RTL compatible which will help.
Aug 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM
@Steve - I am - look for sfmskywalker.