Install module from command line error

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General
Jul 29, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to install a module from the command line but i'm getting this error:

Could not install the package: There was an error installing the requested packa
ge. This can happen if the server does not have write access to the '~/Modules'
or '~/Themes' folder of the web site. If the site is running in shared hosted en
vironement, adding write access to these folders sometimes needs to be done manu
ally through the Hoster control panel. Once Themes and Modules have been install
ed, it is recommended to remove write access to these folders.

This is weird because the IIS_IUSRS has full control permissions on App_Data, Media, Modules and Themes folders.

I also tried to change the gallery url to: but it didn't solve the issue.

Also checked the logs but I didn't found anything.

I installed the site manually by following the steps on the orchard documentation, so I don't think that something could went wrong on it.
Jul 29, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Which version and origin ? which module ? why command line ?
Jul 31, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I'm using the 1.8 version. I'm trying to use the command line in order to automatice the installation. The modules are ones that I developed. I had no problem adding them through the orchard site but I can't install them through the command line.
Jul 31, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Could you try and attach a debugger to the Orchard.exe process and have VS break on handled exceptions? This way you can see what the exact error is.