Orchard Weird Behavior

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting, Writing modules, Writing themes
Jul 23 at 10:05 PM
Hi,

I have a Website with some strange behavior.
Sometimes the client calls saying that the website appearance is bad.... after looking more inside the DOM, i realized that It is not loading sometimes some styles or some js. After a period of time, let's say 1 hour, it fixes itself.

The same is happening to TheAdmin Theme... it stops loading js as jquery and others..

The result for the client is that they can not upload content and the front-end display the content in a wrong way.

Does it have to do with dynamic compilation?

How can avoid this behavior? It is something with IIS?

Has someone experimented this before?

It is used the version 1.6

Thx
Developer
Jul 24 at 10:44 AM
Is the app pool recycling automatically? This doesn't indicate an issue but can be a solution for the issue fixing itself.
Jul 24 at 4:11 PM
Yes the app pool is recylcling auto. So should we do it manually?

What happens exactly in orchard when IIS begins the recycle process?
Developer
Jul 24 at 8:44 PM
No, you have it fine, but this probably explains why the site becomes healthy again. I have no idea what could cause your issue though... Do you have OutputCache enabled?

Orchard does pretty much nothing when IIS starts the recycle (i.e. there is no shutdown process).
Jul 25 at 5:03 PM
No i don't. Does it has to do with something if it is enabled?
Jul 26 at 12:00 AM
Piedone,

Uncaught ReferenceError: onReady is not defined ir:636
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://argos.co/ir/Themes/Argos/Styles/fonts/itcfranklingothicstd-med-webfont.woff
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier
$(document).on("ready", onReady);

Thats the error, and the solution is to reinstall a custom module. It fixes the webpage.

What is done in installation that is fixing the issues?

I have the site replicated exactly the same for testing in other iis instance, and it has not bother yet..

Any clue?