Localization fr-CA

Topics: Localization
Jul 22 at 12:57 AM
Edited Jul 22 at 12:58 AM
I noticed that there's a localization package on Crowdin for fr-FR. I'm suggesting to make a copy/paste for fr-CA since I always end up renaming to folder names of the current fr-FR translations. I know they are "2 different languages" but starting from the fr-FR would'nt make a big difference.
Developer
Jul 23 at 3:15 PM
Edited Jul 23 at 3:16 PM
If you can, please verify it by testing it, but Crowdin has an option called "Automatically fill in regional dialects" and it's enabled in our project. This means that e.g. the "fr-CA" package picks up all strings that are not translated from the "fr-FR" package. This way you only need to translate those "fr-CA" strings that differ from the "fr-FR" ones.
Jul 23 at 4:08 PM
I already tested renaming the folders of fr-FR package with version Orchard 1.8.1 from git source and it works perfectly. You should enable this option for fr-CA from fr-FR ; that would be nice of you.
Developer
Jul 23 at 4:32 PM
Like I said it's already enabled almost since the beginning, so if you download the "fr-CA" package now, it will be filled up from the "fr-FR" package (though I didn't test it yet).
Jul 23 at 6:51 PM
I see what is misleading here is that it shows 0% made on the French Canada package on the front page of the project. And also I can only download the whole translation package from the front page. I guess that's how Crowdin is made.