How to upgrade via enlistment?

Topics: Installing Orchard
Jul 21, 2014 at 1:18 AM
I am wondering if any expert could provide me some tips or pointers to resources on how to upgrade via enlistment.
My current version is 1.6. I upgraded the site to 1.6 two years ago by downloading the source code, not enlistment.
I have just cloned Orchard via Git, built Orchard.Web without any problem.
I have some custom code, but I am not worried about it. I believe that I can take care of it one way or another.
I am most concerned about installed modules which gave me a lot of headache last time.
I am using a SQL server. I assume copying App_Data takes care of all SQL server related stuff.
Thanks in advance.
Jul 21, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Jul 21, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Thanks for the link. It gives me some ideas.

Actually I am doing the opposite way - copying files from the current working project to the newly downloaded solution via Git. The reason I am doing it this way is the following (quoted from the upgrading page):
"If you are working with a source code enlistment, the update process is going to be extremely simple because you are already going through it every time you sync your source code directory with the repository. When the time comes to upgrade, just get the latest changes and sync to the latest in the default branch."