Custom Forms Question

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Jul 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Hello,
I do not code. I am not a coder, but I am the administrator now on a website that uses orchard.
I have successfully made a custom form by creating a new content type but I would like to have more text than just the title before the form begins and I just can't figure out how to do that because the custom forms module doesn't have a text box anywhere for this sort of thing and neither does editing the content type. If you have any suggestions or tips, please let me know.
Thanks!
Jul 17, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Create a new page with a layer that's applies only to that page. Then add a custom form widget to that layer. This way you can use the page's body part to insert whatever text content you want before the form and then the custom form widget will display after that.

I don't know what zones your theme defines, but if you're using The Theme Machine, you could simply add the custom form widget to the Content zone and it should display directly below the page content.
Jul 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Thanks! I ended up figuring that out on my own a couple hours after I posted this.