New OrchardProject.net Website

Topics: General
Jul 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Tues 08 May 2014
  • The new site is hosted here http://orchard-website.azurewebsites.net, and
  • on GitHub here https://github.com/bigfont/orchard-website, and
  • is built with ASP.NET Web Pages until we finalize the look and content.
  • Pull requests are most welcome!
  • We have finished implementing the wire frame from the PDF.
  • Next steps include...
  • Add content & layouts for pages that lack it.
  • Migrate content from the existing orchardproject.net website.
  • Make decision on theme colors and images (the default is Unicorns and baby blue.)
  • Eventually convert it all to an Orchard CMS.
Aug 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I see some products are presenting a world map filled with dynamic cloud of points with their presence, could be nice to have it with Orchard.
As in this wrapbootstrap sample
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2014 at 3:58 PM
We intentionally don't use or record our users' location, and have communicated on that.
Aug 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM
And using a ' big data format': anonymous, just +1 for country or even region localization without any other info.
Just to build a map country/count
(I must have missed the commnication)
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Christian, that would mean we still record this information. And we communicated by the time we first introduced the "Advisory" panel in the dashboard, so in the very early Orchard days. You may have missed it obviously ;)
Aug 18, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Well, isn't there any site on the internet doing this job ?
May be they could help filling a small table with country and count columns ?

I must confess that I replace the actual dashboard by something else, so I have no more look on the advisory, but clicking on it for a fresh install, I can't find in documentation any related declaration.
Aug 26, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Could it not be a simple voluntary submission? As in an orchard showcase where people are asked, entirely optionally, to volunteer their location? Look I'm enormously recent to orchard and have no place really, weighing in on these big decisions, but I know I, my clients, and a couple of dev friends using orchard, would have absolutely no problem volunteering the info. Obviously if orchard was to have a line of code that surreptitiously phones home to let everyone know the location for the impressive worldmap, then I, my clients and a couple of dev friends using orchard, think you can all go back to your NSA overlords and tell them we're using sprocketcms from now on :P
Sep 16, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Sorry I hadn't replied to this. My email notifications were broken. I fixed them today and found a whole bunch of Codeplex stuff that I missed.
Sep 24, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Sep 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM
  • What do we put on the SUPPORT page?
Developer
Sep 25, 2014 at 12:11 AM
ShaunLuttin wrote:
  • What do we put on the SUPPORT page?
http://orchardproject.net/discussions ?
Sep 25, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Thank you sfmskywalker. It's live.
Developer
Sep 25, 2014 at 5:42 AM
Looks good!
Sep 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM
What do we put on the CUSTOMERS page?
Developer
Sep 29, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Does Orchard have customers?
Maybe it should be like ShowOrchard, showcasing sites built on Orchard.
Maybe that page could become a directory of ALL the sites powered by Orchard. We could get that information by letting people submit their sites.
Sep 30, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Maybe that page could become a directory of ALL the sites powered by Orchard. We could get that information by letting people submit their sites.
I like this.