Debuging locally against azure data

Topics: Core, Installing Orchard
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM

So I downloaded Orchard and publish the Orchard.Azure.CloudService to my Azure subscription where I set up the appropriate storage and databases.

Now I'm having an issue with a custom content type I made (when I set a custom route the items are created fine but not found when I go to retrieve them eg: it can't find the item).

I'm trying to debug this and I'd like to run it against the database on Azure to keep it the same. Now I see the settings for the storage in the Orchard.Azure.Web role in Orchard.Azure.CloudService project and can define the Azure Storage there but I'm not sure how to set the SQL connection string. When I try to run the Orchard.Azure.CloudService project in VS it deploys to my local compute emulator just fine but 404's in IE and I see the following error in the Output window:
iisexpress.exe Error: 0 : 2014-06-26 16:30:24,753 [11] Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost - A tenant could not be started: Default
Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: None of the constructors found with 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'Orchard.Settings.CurrentSiteWorkContext' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'Orchard.Settings.ISiteService siteService' of constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Settings.ISiteService)'.
Is there some step I'm missing?
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Ok, after a bit more research it has to do with the azure deployment packaging as per this thread:

So I copied these folders from the Orchard.Web project
and it now loads the homepage but anything requiring data seems to break it. This is the error from my local Azure compute emulator:
Sounds like it can't talk to Azure. Is there something I need to do to authorize it?