Seo built-in and modules

Topics: Administration, General, Writing modules
Jun 16, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Working to get back running with 1.8 after not doing a lot with orchard for a few years. My purposes tend to be very seo-heavy, so I'm curious what module(s) are considered best for the following items (or, if they maybe don't exist), work well together, and have been tested with 1.8? I had to do a lot of experimentation with these in the past and assume my knowledge is now outdated.

-sitemaps
-canonical url - and a way to redirect one url to the other (redir domain.com to www.domain.com etc)
-schema.org entity/content tagging
-pagination tagging (rel='next' etc)
-open graph support/social metadata
-custom friendly url options for media/images/etc
-robots.txt

-anything to help with previewing post titles and snippets as they would appear in search engines (like some wordpress modules do)

And anything else like Adsense placement optimization, support for the latest universal version of analytics, CDN support, etc.
Developer
Jun 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Jun 16, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Piedone, I'm not seeing this in the online gallery at the orcharproject.net site, is it available there?
Jun 16, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Also, are there any docs about what all it does?
Jul 2, 2014 at 6:49 PM
I agree with boomhauer, some docs on the Onestop.Seo would be helpful. Otherwise how are we to know what it does and how to use it?
Jul 9, 2014 at 6:13 AM
^Hey guys, just curious if you ended up using the onestop.seo – if so, could you relay your experience / short synopsis of its abilities etc., or the likes. Thanks in advance, cheers Dyr
Developer
Jul 9, 2014 at 8:01 AM
You can use it to define tokenized patterns for title, meta description and keywords tags per content type, override these case by case (and for any page), define the same for the home page, automatically generate canonical URLs... But you can also try
it if you create a tenant on http://dotnest.com
Jul 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Thanks Piedone - i'm giving it a go now, seems impressive. ;) Just one thing, however -- with the patterns, is there a way to strip HTML tags from Body / TextAreas etc. for instance: using {Content.Body} as a Home Description? Or what is your recommended approach for using Page's content for such. Thanks in anticipation, cheers Dyr