Designer Tools Caused Assembly Error

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
May 26, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Hi there,

After installing the designer tools module, I'm getting the following error, even after disabling all 3 components.

The assembly reference 'ClaySharp' could not be loaded for module 'Orchard.DesignerTools'.

There are generally a few ways to solve this issue:
  1. Install any dependent module.
  2. Remove the assembly reference from the project file if it's not needed.
  3. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the module.
  4. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the application.
  5. Specify the strong name of the assembly (name, version, culture, publickey) if the assembly is present in the GAC.

How do I get rid of this error? Bear in mind I'm running this in Azure Websites, so running command line arguments isn't an immediate solution here.
May 26, 2014 at 8:37 AM
What version of Orchard are you using?
May 26, 2014 at 9:42 AM
sanderg wrote:
What version of Orchard are you using?
1.8 I installed it yesterday.
May 26, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Edited May 26, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I've resolved it by deleting the module folder Orchard.DesignerTools
Nov 5, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Hello, have same problem: new latest install of Orchard, attempt to install Designer Tools, get same error "assembly reference ClaySharp could not be loaded...".

Back to home page, there is no little 'box' icon in right corner, nothing there. I assume above error prevents Shape Tracing from operating?

Solution above (removing DesignerTools) is not an option, I need to use the Shape Tracing functionality to verify a downloaded theme.

Any help is appreciated, am stuck and can go no further with this Orchard project.
Developer
Nov 9, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Are you downloading Designer Tools from the gallery? That one might be outdated. If so, then perhaps you could try taking the version from this site, either via Source, or via Downloads.