PJS.Bootstrap: move 'Sign in' Menu item e.g. to 'Footer' zone

Topics: Administration, General
May 21, 2014 at 8:59 PM
for a 'public' site I do NOT need the 'sign in' as a menu item!
How can I move it to e.g. the footer zone?

Thanks for your time and help, ed
May 22, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Edited May 22, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Just override the default Header Zone. Go to themes->pjs.bootstrap->views and create a new view called Zone__Header.cshtml. Copy the core zone and alter to your wishes. (The same with the footer if you want it altered)

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I am pretty newbie with Orchard myself :-)
May 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM
your idea of course works. I.e. I moved the 'sign in' into the 'zone-footer.cshtml' , however:
To eliminate the 'sign in' in the navbar I also have to modify the 'Menu.cshtml'!

For the time being I can (have to) live with it but I was hoping that there is another (cleaner) way to achieve this, because:
there are a lot of sites which do NOT need any sign in and then I don't want to always have that Tab in the navbar!
ed
May 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Ah I see what you mean. Just create a new View called User.cshtml in your theme and leave it empty, then the user part will not be rendered.
Jan 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2015 at 10:43 PM
"Just create a new View called User.cshtml in your theme and leave it empty, then the user part will not be rendered."

This does not seem to work in PJS.Bootstrap Version: 3.2.0.1. There is a file called "MainMenu.cs" in the root of the PJS.Bootstrap theme that I'm guessing overrides User.cshtml?
Jan 6, 2015 at 10:44 PM
Yes...either alter or remove the MainMenu.cs file from the root of the theme. This file uses the NavigationBuilder to add the "user" menu as the last menu option on the Main Menu.
Jan 8, 2015 at 9:35 PM
For me neither User.cshtml nor MainMenu.cs removed the Sign in button. However with the help of Shape Tracing I've found it is actually an empty MenuItemLinkdd.cshtml file that needs to be created in the Views folder.