I cannot understand what is correct way to store data in Orchard system. Can anyone compare these several methods? for example we can store data in the following ways:
- Create table and use repository directly.
- Create ContentPartRecord and ContentPart.
- Create ContentPart without Record and use this.Retrieve / this.Store
- Create ContentPart without Record and use Retrieve / Store (Is there any difference with or without "this" keyword?)
- Create ContentPart without Record and use this.As<InfosetPart>().Get / this.As<InfosetPart>().Set
- Create ContentPart and also ContentPartRecord but use Retrieve / Store again (or with this keyword)
- Create fields in migration!
I'm really confused. For example why developer of Nwazet.Commerce used Retrieve / Store BUT also created Record?
Do these methods check for existing Record also? If we use data of record table why we store in document db also? I need more information.
Can i use Retrieve / Store or infoset when i need sort or filter on my data?
I used Retrieve / Store but it seems i must manually create importing and exporting methods yet. What is the way for having automatic import/export functionality?
I'm really confused.