Need to help or explanation about Deployment Orchard solution to Azure as Cloud Service

Topics: Administration, General
May 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Hi all,

I have Orchard solution deployed to Azure platform as a cloud service. version 1.7.2.

Work perfect, but after reboot / down my VM orchard was returned to start state and suggest me to come again set up any recipe of platform.

Looks like that reboot the machine causes to override siteroot, that included orchard solution with approot that included deployed (clear) version.

Thx,
Developer
May 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM
That's very weird, and should not happen. If you deploy using the Orchard.Azure.CloudService project then Orchard should be pre-configured to use Azure Blob Storage to store the Settings.txt file, which is the file that keeps track of tenant state. Did you reconfigure this for whatever reason? Can you check your storage account to see if the Settings.txt file is created there?
May 13, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Thank you for response!

Are you can say to me what specific setting may be changed ?
May 14, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Hi, i checked and not found configuration for Settings.txt.
May 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM
I check deeply an Orchard.Azure.CloudService project and remembered why i built self cloud service deployment. When i come to create package Orchard.Azure.CloudService after configuring it with my cloud storage properties a get several errors on builds package.

Those errors:
Error 3 Cannot find the source directory '...\Orchard.Azure\Orchard.Azure.CloudService\Staging\SqlCe-x86' in role Orchard.Azure.Web. ...\Orchard.Azure\Orchard.Azure.CloudService\bin\Debug\ServiceDefinition.csdef 1 1 Orchard.Azure.CloudService

Error 4 Cannot find the source directory '...\Orchard.Azure\Orchard.Azure.CloudService\Staging\SqlCe-x64' in role Orchard.Azure.Web. ...\Orchard.Azure\Orchard.Azure.CloudService\bin\Debug\ServiceDefinition.csdef 1 1 Orchard.Azure.CloudService