How to customise multiple blog widgets in a single page

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
May 9, 2014 at 5:37 AM
Hi there,

I am fairly new to Orchard, really impressed with what I have seen so far.

My question:

I have a site that uses blogs fairly heavily as content. On the homepage, there are the following widgets:
  • 'featured' - a blog post that has a featured field (query)
  • 'latest' - a list of blog posts, sorted by date (blog archives)
The featured post will have an image heavy design (while hiding things like post time/number of comments/tags/etc) while the latest posts will be a fairly traditional layout (showing the aforementioned fields). As such, these widgets, which are the same base type, need to have very different structures.

I have figured out how to access the individual widgets, the overall blog post and each of the individual parts of the blog posts, however I cannot figure out what level I should be creating a view at, to be able to style these individually.

At the content level, I have a reasonable amount of control (still reliant on the @Display(Model.Content) though) however, none of the alternates I can see in Shape Tracer will allow me to ONLY change the Content-BlogPost.cshtml (or similar) for the particular Widget or Zone (both would allow access).

What I really need is to be able to specify the zone AND the content area. (something like Zone-ZoneName-Content-BlogPost.cshtml)

Am I missing something important? or am I going about this completely wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nick