New Blog Posts not Displaying

Topics: Administration
May 6, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Edited May 6, 2014 at 5:47 PM
So I found this on one of my production sites running 1.7 and it seems to persist in 1.8 and 1.x...
If the Blog Post content type is made creatable in Content Definition, any posts created using the "Blog Post" link under the "New" content creation menu will not appear in the blog.
With only one blog created this doesn't seem to make any sense.
The only thing I've found that may be causing the issue is when you select "Blog Post" in the new content menu the url is ~/admin/contents/create/blogpost, whereas the "New Post" link from the default admin menu (below Content Definition) goes to ~/admin/blogs/222/Posts/Create (222 being the contentItemID of the blog)

I'm wondering if this is by design with the idea being blog posts should not be creatable, or is this a bug?

My second and most pressing issue is what do I need to alter in the DB for the content created blog posts to be attached to the blog post list without projections for the default blog list?

This issue also prevents blog posts created in the "New Content" menu from being included in the RSS feed.

Adding the Container_id in Common_CommonPartRecord table attaches the blog posts, but it ain't pretty if you have a lot of posts to sort though...