SMC as service

Topics: General
May 5, 2014 at 7:59 AM

We have a big WebForms web-site with handmade CMS. Now we plan to migrate from a handmade CMS to an exterior CMS. I'm responsible for it. Can I use Orchard as "CMS as service"? I want to store information about controls' location in CMS, but use CMS as an external project without integrating our site and CMS in one project. Is it possible to do with Orchard?
May 6, 2014 at 10:47 AM
If you'd elaborate a bit more that would help. Some use cases, examples maybe because I have a hard time understanding your objectives here.

But using Orchard as a service is possible and once we have full RESTful API built into Orchard (Sebastien developed most of this already and is one of the features planned for v1.9) you will be able to use Orchard purely as a content authoring tool, communicating with it through a web API. This way you can use Orchard to store everything but have a different web application (on an arbitrary platform, written in an arbitrary language) or any other app for that matter, that faces users.
May 6, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Thank you Piedone, I'm very sorry from my poor English. You understood everything absolutely correct.
I changed CMS already). Maybe Umbraco is better for our purposes, we need wysiwyg-editor for controls on the CMS side.
Thank you once more for attention.
May 6, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Great then, glad I could help.