My first Orchard website with custom bootstrap-based theme

Topics: General
Apr 30, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Hello,
I'd like to show you my very first project on Orchard I'm single-handedly working on and possibly get some feedback on it :).

Tried many different CMS and frameworks, but Orchard proved to be the best for what I wanted to achieve and work with in the long run. It's actually fun to work with, thanks guys.

http://www.komczek.cz

Imgur
Developer
Apr 30, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Nice, so forth! And glad you're using Combinator :-).

What are you using for HTML minification?
Apr 30, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Thanks for the Combinator, came handy, especially like how I can specify cookie-less domain for static resources. However I still have a bit of trouble with gzip, IIS by default gzips resources only if they are requested twice in 10 seconds, this creates occasional scenario where user gets full uncompressed package and with next refresh he gets yet another set this time of compressed ones. Do you think it would be somehow possible for combinator to compress css/js files on creation and thus go around wonky IIS compression? Nothing else I can do on shared hosting :(

For HTML minification I'm using stand-alone filter module I made with help of Web Markup Minifier ... Works flawlessly, is aware of the whole markup and offers great amount of different optimizations with different settings (can also remove redundant attributes, tags etc). Also gives errors, warnings, statistics thus ensures output HTML is valid (and works with output cache really well). Size of pages dropped approximately by 10% when gzipped and whole minification process takes around 4ms, if page is served from cache it's of course 0.

Maybe I can make my first module contribution :).
Developer
May 1, 2014 at 1:01 AM
I passed on gzip compression precisely because there is already infrastructure for that in IIS. But if you have an idea on how to implement it in an efficient and non-disturbing way then please open an issue about it at Combinator.

HTML minification would be a great first module indeed! Heck, even a feature in Combinator if you're interested.
May 7, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Took me a while to put together ... first timer xD But should work well. https://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.JadeX.HtmlMarkupMinifier
Developer
May 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Great, congrats! I'd suggest to create a project site (here on Codeplex for example) and repository for it so others can give you feedback and contribute.