Orchard 1.8 MultiTenancy Media Library

Topics: Troubleshooting
Apr 4 at 9:12 PM
Is anyone experiencing an issue accessing the Media Library when MultiTenancy is enabled and there is a tenant defined?

I get a pretty much blank Media Library...nothing in the main page, nothing in the sidebar.

It looks like it's taking a knockout.js error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: Unable to parse bindings.
Bindings value: template: { name: 'media-folder-template', foreach: mediaFolders }

Media Library works on another 1.8 site that doesn't have MultiTenancy enabled. The tenant I created was AFTER the upgrade to 1.8, so not an existing tenant.

If I look at the file structure on the server, there are folders for each site under Media.

Does this sound like an upgrade issue or possibly a bug?
Apr 5 at 3:19 AM
Well...the problem seems to have resolved itself. Everything looks fine now.

I had already restarted the app-pool a couple times with other things, but maybe it took a few more times.

Strange...anyways, all is good.
Apr 7 at 10:00 PM
AH HA! I captured it this time. Attached is what happened again today...nothing accessible in the Media Library for both the default tenant and the other tenants.

Restarting the app-pool seemed to resolve the issue. Any ideas what might be causing this behavior?
Coordinator
Apr 7 at 10:04 PM
nothing in the logs ? Are you using the standard Media Library storage ?
Apr 7 at 11:29 PM
yes...standard media library. Site is hosted on Arvixe with a regular SQL Server 2012 database.

There is absolutely nothing in logs...first place I looked ; )

If it happens again, is there something worthwhile I can capture that you'd want to look at?
Sep 5 at 3:08 PM
I've run into this twice in the last week running on localhost. It issue went away before I could figure out what was causing it. Nothing in the logs.
Sep 8 at 12:37 PM
Ran into this again and found it was actually caused by a cached old version of the media-library.js.