Edit, Add, and Delete in Orchard CMS

Topics: General
Mar 30 at 4:46 AM
In the few CMS systems I have played around, a central feature is a list of content items, maybe filtered, but normally such a screen has links to add, edit, or delete an item.

When I create a standard Projection in Orchard, I fell very constrained by it's workflow for that, and then I feel plain frustrated that there is apparently no way to place an Add link on the projection, and neither to place edit or delete links on each line in the list. Just BTW, another frustration here is I can find no way to show the owner of a content item in the projection.

Most CMS systems also have at least an edit button when viewing a content item if you are the ownder of that item. I have no problem placing an Edit link in the content, but then I must always manually find out the URL of the content item, and how to construct a hyperlink that opens an editor for that item.
Coordinator
Mar 30 at 7:02 AM
You can definitely add action links along your content items. You can define the template for each of the occurences and inject the action items, using @Html.ItemEditLink for instance to edit the content item. You can even check for permissions before. For the owner, it is something like contentItem.CommonPart.Owner.

My suggestion is to use a Shape layout and then you can completely redefine the HTML for the full projection, including projection results.
Coordinator
Mar 30 at 7:03 AM
And let me anticipate your next comment. Yes, I agree, everyone does agree, there is not enough documentation, and how on earth could you know how to do that ...
Developer
Mar 30 at 11:43 AM
Have you enabled the 'Content control wrapper' feature?
It will display an Edit link when you view the content.
Mar 31 at 3:06 AM
agriffard wrote:
Have you enabled the 'Content control wrapper' feature?
It will display an Edit link when you view the content.
Thanks, that's a start, but to whom is that edit link available? All editors, or just the owner? Sorry to not check myself yet, but I just fired off this question on the way to work.